Tuesday, February 9, 2010

party at my house


I love Tuesday nights! The Grown Up I call “Daddy” leaves to do something called ‘bettering himself’. I don’t know what that means and I don’t really care. What I do know is, we get pizza, a movie, maybe some brownies, about 12 oranges, and party like it’s 1999!

Why?

Because I smell weakness in the lady Grown up. That’s why.

She can’t put me to sleep. Never could. Actually that’s not true. I think at one point she could. But there was one bad night and then she began to doubt herself and her put-the-kid-to-sleep abilities.  I took that doubt, and I ran with it. Now, whenever she tries, I’ll humor her for a while, and right when she starts to feel successful, I just pop my little head back up and demand to go play.
Works like a charm.

She doesn’t have it in her to fight with me, so I stay up and party for at least TWO HOURS past my bedtime. You can do it too.

Smell the doubt. Prey on their weakness.

And have as many oranges as you want.

4 comments:

  1. Dude, you forgot to mention "OREOS"...works like a charm for me, every time too...

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday Follow! Found you on there list. Following you. Stop by me if you get the time. Don't forget to enter my contest, "NAME THAT BAND"! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a bad influence kido, encouraging other toddlers to stay up late ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. too funny! I'm a new follower from FF. You can find me blogging here: http://www.couponclippinmommy.com/

    ReplyDelete